Friday, June 19, 2009

6-19-09

You know it's trouble when I title a post with the date. That usually means some rambling is about to ensue, and it's going to be particularly pointless rambling. The kind where I complete my thoughts in 1.78 sentences then move on to the next topic with no transition. My dear English Comp, Dr. Carter, would definitely give me a D. She wouldn't give me an F because she liked me. I'd have to say she was one of the best teachers I had in high school.

So on with the butchery of the English language!

The patio is coming along nicely. Those boys are some sweaty dudes when we get home at night. Just about the time they are wrapping up is in the breeze picks up and the patio is fully shaded. It feels at least 25 degrees cooler back there than it does up front. Adding insult to injury is the fact that the mornings have been so muggy, plus our tinted windows are giving them a double dose of sunlight. This is why I didn't take on this project. NO WAY. I'd finish 3 basements before I did one patio.

Today is Donuts with Dads at AB's school. That should be a lot of fun. I know he's quite excited. We've been having a tough time with his endless energy (over the top) and the bathroom problems. Plus he's been lying a lot. Not sure what to do about that. At 4 years old, it's easy enough to catch him, but it's just frustrating and I hope that we're not doing anything to encourage that behavior.

At least Kieran is 100% fun. Except for the blowouts. He's back on antibiotics for his ear, so I'm hoping that his ears will clear up, but I have a feeling we'll be seeing an ENT soon to talk about tubes. Penny and I are pro-tubes, since they seem to be very effective and it's better than hammering down antibiotics all the time (and super-pooping).

That's enough for now. Post at you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment