Monday, April 22, 2013

Make up your own title

Things have been going pretty well, despite the rest of the country having issues.  We had two friends in Boston, but both had thankfully finished and were around the corner when the bombs exploded.  I'm thankful that they didn't have to see that kind of carnage.  That would be impossible to get out of your head.  I have varied feelings about the whole issue.  When this kind of thing happens, I wonder what ever got the terrorists to do that in the first place.  I don't agree with a lot of things this country does or how it goes about it, but why would you take that out on the innocents?  Seems a strange way to cause a change, if that's really what you want.  I realize some people just want to hurt others.  That makes me quite sad, sad for the victims, but also sad for the perpetrators.  I wonder what kind of life they would have had to lived to get them to the point that they wanted to hurt so many people.  Victims on both sides of the bomb, I suppose.

Anyway, I don't want to focus on that, and neither should anyone else.  Parts of me think a small percentage of humans are always going to hurt others, and nothing is going to change that.  It's always been that way and will continue to be that way.  Moving on (again)...

We had a busy weekend, and it was a lot of fun.  AB kicked butt all weekend long.  He took 2nd place in his age group at a 5k, then played a soccer game and had baseball practice.  He had a 2nd game on Sunday, and scored 4 goals.  What a maniac!  I'm proud of him, to say the least.  He's running a 4-mile race this weekend with his mom, and he's already raised the bar for his effort.  He ran an 8:30/mile at his 5k, which is nearly a minute faster than any race I've ever ran, and he even beat his mom by 30 sec.  That's amazing.  Especially with how big he is, I figured long-distances wouldn't be his forte, but he sure loves it.

K is talking up a storm these days, more and more with every passing day.  He's funny to talk to, and it's quite a hoot to hear him vocalize what is going through his mind.  He's still pretty wild, but I wouldn't change that for anything.  He had a bad ear infection a week or so ago.  I had him in the doctor's office when his eardrum ruptured and then he proceeded to ooze for the next 3-4 days.  It was startling how much came out of his head.  I can't imagine how much pressure that was before it popped.  Dang.  I suppose we'll need to get some tubes in his ears again. We were trying to avoid that, but I think he still needs them.

I went for a nice walk last night, and have been stretching a fair amount the last few days.  If I hammer the ibuprofen and stretch out my IT band/hip flexors/hamstrings/lower back, I can actually feel decent.  I actually ran about 5 yards with K on the soccer field, and was able to put equal efforts between each leg.  I can't remember the last time I was able to do that.  It's been long enough that it felt noticeably weird.  Hopefully I'll put this behind me soon.

That's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment