Friday, January 7, 2011

Grote Prijs on Sunday.

Do or die; now is the time to have a great performance.  Last cyclocross race for 9 months, and it's supposed to be around 30 degrees and a little snow.  Sounds awesome to me.  I'm going to turn myself inside out for this one, and not worry about pacing.  Smash the pedals (while ankling too)!

While most of KC will be watching the Chefs get pummeled by the Ravens, here is what'll be going through my mind at 2:01pm:  "Churn those legs.  Oh man, this hurts.  I think my heart is going to explode.  Make those corners tighter.  Don't be sloppy.  Push it.  Push it!  Your remounts suck, need to work on that.  C'mon, bridge that gap.  I don't think I can.  Bulls#it.  Push it.  Last race.  Make it count. Arg this hurts. Am I going to have 50 minutes of this?  Is someone on my tail?  Jesus the open guys are fast."

Hopefully the open guys won't be lapping me at 2:01, but you get the jist of it. I'm a mental chatterbox while racing.  As I get better, that should come down a lot.  Kinda like when you get better at golf.  The internal dialogue slowly fades.  The less there is, the more "in the zone" you are.  I could use some of that.

I can't wait.  Even if my cx bike is still sandy from last weekend, I'm ready to go right NOW.

Grote Prijs Flier 2011 Final                                                                   

No comments:

Post a Comment