Tuesday, July 19, 2011

It's too hot to post.

Yep, that's it.  Way too hot to post interest blog topics.  Mainly because all I've been doing is sitting on my duffer in the A/C, eating ice cream, and watching the Tour.  I'm almost caught up now with my DVR!

This has been one of the craziest tours I've ever seen.  Crashes upon crashes, it never seems to end.  Those guys are so tough, it's not even funny.  How anyone gets sideswiped by a car, hits the ground hard at ~30mph, and then gets back up and carries on is beyond me. 

I also can't help but feeling that some of my favorite riders are dirty.  Like Thor, for example.  He's awesome.  He's also a large fella, and shouldn't be climbing like he is.  Same for Thomas V.  Not a large fella, but he's riding lights out.  These guys are doing multiple days of extremely good performances, and I really hope that they are clean.  I really do.  I wish we could have heroes in cycling again and not be wondering in the back of our minds if these aren't pharmaceutically-enhanced performances.

I sure hope not.  It'd be good to have some good news out of Pro Cycling this year.  I guess there's always crazy Cadel.  Never sure what he is going to do.  Case in point.

No comments:

Post a Comment