Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Two weeks!

So yeah, it's been two whole weeks since we posted an update. I say "we", because I don't want to fully shoulder the blame.

The good news is that we have lots of pics/galleries to post, and even some videos. I'll have to figure out how to post videos, but it seems pretty easy here.

There is no bad news, so there's an upside, even if it is only Tuesday.

Kieran had a great party over the weekend and we were thrilled to have so many friends and family come share the special day with us. I say "we", and I mean Aiden, Penny, and I. K-man has been having a pretty rough time transitioning to the 1-year old room, plus he got a bunch of vaccinations (MMR/Flu/Pox) yesterday, he's fighting a cold, and maybe starting to get another ear infection. I think the reason kids get so sick in day care is that the drool all over the place with their teething and there's no feasible way that the day care people can wash their hands that much while juggling 4-6 toddlers. This is life I suppose.

I've often caught myself wondering about existentialism, specifically how much longer humans are going to be around this rock. I think that overpopulation (ergo, the Duggars) are causing us to a) tap out resources, b) exponentially increase the transmission of viruses, c) cause said viruses/bacteria to mutate more frequently and with more lethality. It has been estimated that the world's population will hit 9 Billion by 2040. For reference, when I was born, the population was only 4.241 Billion. That's almost 5 billion extra super-petri dishes walking around. I also think that as globalization is becoming more defacto, with frequent air travel and increasing importation/exportation, that this will only exacerbate any situation involving communicable diseases. Experts say we have a 50/50 shot between some sort of evolved, utopian society and extermination. I'd say it's more like 20/80, but I'm a pessimist. Ok, so this got way off topic, but it's been on my mind.

So, I'll try and get all the pics/videos posted before we die of swine flu (which is probably highly overrated). Talk to you all soon.

C

No comments:

Post a Comment