Thursday, May 6, 2010

Way behind

Life is Full Tilt Boogie right now.  I can't believe it's Mother's Day/middle-of-May already.  I'm utterly unprepared and feeling stressed that I won't be able to make it as special as it should be for my wife.  From a male's perspective, this is the one holiday you don't want to mess up.  I think being a mother is the most important thing she does, and if I don't take care of her, no one else will.  Seems to add more stress than I should really feel.  I'll have to put some time in to this!

I had a great trip out to StL last weekend, and despite the tornadoes and rain, I had a great time.  Good food, great friends, and we helped my buddy Stitz get some stuff done on his house so he can get back into normal life.  He pretty much gutted his house and moved some walls around, updated a bunch of stuff, and hopefully he's getting his sheet rock done this week.  Hopefully this project will wind down soon, but there is a lot of work yet to be done.  He has a much greater tolerance for household-project-pain than I do, that is for sure.

Went to Pearl Jam on Monday night, and it was a very good show.  I thought the sound sucked, and it was wicked loud.  I never thought I'd say this, but I actually missed the amphitheater.  Not a big fan of the Sprint Center.  If they ever play at the Midland or a place with some actual acoustical forethought, I'd pay $200 a ticket.  No joke.

I am going to die at the triathlon, it's official.  Or I'm going to miss the T1 time cut.  I might have to revert to the back stroke for the last 700 meters.

K is a babbling fool.  He's getting lots of words out, and it's like someone flipped a switch on his vocabulary.  He is so funny too!  He is always hamming it up and getting a big goofy smile.  Between him and AB, there is going to be a lot of laughs in our house. 

On the flipside, he's been waking up again at 4:15am the past couple of mornings, and that is getting tiring.  This kind of thing comes and goes, so I can't get too bent about it.

There is much more, as always, but this will have to do for now.  See you all soon




No comments:

Post a Comment