Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Group ride!

I met my buddy and ex-co-worker Phil K. out for a group ride from Elite Cycling last night.  I wasn't sure what to expect, so I rode the fast bike last night.  I forgot my spare tubie and rear light in my rush to get out the door, and I was wearing less clothes than every one else.  Typical CSmith style.

Fortunately, I was perfectly comfortable in my short sleeves/bibs with a long sleeve base layer.  Once I got going, I had no problems.  It was fun to get on the bike again.  The group I rode with was pretty slow (it must be if I'm one of the fast guys), but I did have a chance to test my mettle.  The group split up, and Phil, myself, and another fella slowed in confusion.  We ended up taking a wrong turn or two, and finally got back on Mission road.  At that point, we saw the lead group about 1/2 mile up the road.  I made sure Phil was alright then I turned myself inside out trying to bridge the gap before we got back to Elite.  I caught them with a few hundred yards to spare, but it made me realize how much fitness I lost.

That's alright though.  I felt some fire in the belly last night, and that was a good thing.  I'll post up my ride data tonight.  It's probably embarrassing, but I guess that's motivation to keep on keeping on.

No comments:

Post a Comment