Thursday, April 14, 2011

Two fer

Two fer two, I'm getting crazy with this blogging thing.

I rode home last night, as anticipated.  I felt like I was going fast, but the numbers off of my Garmin belie the fact that I was on my duffer too much for fast riding.  Oh well.  It felt good.

I changed it up and rode the cross bike in to work today, with my Ritchey Speedmax tires.  These tires are great for commuting and the KT trail.  Not much else.  I think I didn't inflate them as much as they needed to be, but I didn't pinch flat, whatever that's worth.  I hit over 1k watts on the way in, which was good for a slow dude like me, especially since I wasn't trying.

So that's been my riding.  The other major thing that has been going on is that I changed up my diet a bit.  It is more of a re-commitment than anything else.  No alcohol, no sweets, and no fried foods.  The sweets were really hard to give up the first week or so, because I had been mowing those down like crazy in March.  Giving up alcohol hasn't been too hard, mainly because there isn't any good booze in the house besides my Crown Royal Special Reserve.  YUM.  If there were a bunch of microbrews in the fridge, it might be a different story.

I weighed in at 183.2 on April 1st, and weighed in a few days ago at 182.0.  Not bad for not riding.  I really want get some good rides in over the next few weeks, and bust through this floor that has stopped me at 181.0.  I'm not so tied up in the numbers still, but 17x would be pretty cool.  I still have a lot of mid section fat that needs to go.  Especially since swimsuit season is coming.  I sound like a woman, jeesh.  My body kinda looks funny to me because I'm all veined out on my arms with skinny legs, yet still having a fat vest.  I want that six pack back.

That's all for now. I still need to talk about guitars and when I'll be racing next.  Based upon my recent struggles climbing hills, it might be a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment