Monday, August 20, 2012

One of those weekends

I dove headfirst into some homeowner duties this weekend, and I'm still tired.  Saturday I got up at 5:30am and rode almost 40 miles.  I had no legs at all, I just plodded along.  Which is an awful way to ride, but riding is better than most everything else.  Kind of like death by tickling.  Something like that, anyway.

As soon as I got home, I changed and decided to dethatch, aerate, overseed, and fertilize my lawn.  My lawn, like most peoples, had a rough summer, so I'm trying to make it look nice for this fall.  I think we are pretty cheap with our lawn (at least in our neck of the woods), but it's pretty silly how much money between watering and fall maintenance everything costs.  I saved big bucks aerating myself, but I promptly forgot about any savings once I counted the blisters on my delicate desk jockey hands.  It is probably good for me on some level to do some physical labor every now and then.

Sunday was a day of folly.  Myself and a neighbor mounted some flat panels and we wanted to minimize any dangling cords (or rope swings, in Kieran's case) so that involved getting to spend some time in the attic.  My neighbor's attic was super balmy, even at 10:30am, and I was dripping sweat all over his pretty white insulation.  We got his house done though, and my house was next.

With some other responsibilities and church, I didn't get started until 7:30pm.  My attic time wasn't even close to successful, as I had to back out, and then fish everything through the walls.  What a pain.  That took me almost three hours to move an outlet 7 feet.  Sure it looks nice, but I'm still pretty sore (mentally and physically) after that exercise in near futility.

So enough about that, AB started 2nd grade, and he really likes his teacher.  She seems really young, but she's quick to point out she's been teaching for 7 years.  I would guess she gets raised eyebrows when parents find out she is the teacher, and not a TA.  I don't particularly care about her age.  It's not like she's teaching neurovascular surgery.

That's it for now.  Time to go get the little man from school.


No comments:

Post a Comment