Friday, October 18, 2013

Riding, and an old video worth a re-look

I left work a little early yesterday to get a few road miles in before the crappy weather hit this weekend.  I figured between the bad weather and the soccer games my riding chances wouldn't be very good.  So I got a solid 24 or something like that, and it felt great.  I pushed into a headwind the whole way out, and I bet I went at least twice as fast on the way home.  Something about flying along like that makes it so fun.  I ran out of gears a few times, which either means the tailwind was strong or I have some easy gears on.  Probably a bit of both.  My legs are definitely talking to me today, and I love that feeling.

Penny is really sick, she's on a z-pak trying to stave off pneumonia or something like that.  She's had a fever for a few days, and has a nasty cough too.  I've been sleeping in the guest bedroom and trying to keep my distance while still taking care of her.  It's a lot of work trying to keep up with the house and kids, but Lord knows she takes care of me the other 361 days of the year.

AB's last fall soccer game is this weekend, and it's going to be frigid.  I bet it'll just be me out there.  I'm going to have to bust out my thermals, wool socks, and winter boots.  It'll feel like cyclocross except for the lack of cowbell.

Now for the video, or "The Rant"...

No comments:

Post a Comment