Sunday, October 27, 2013

Wild weekend

I hardly got out to ride this week.  Today was my first and only ride, although it was a bit short it was great.  Allow me to rewind to Monday first.  This work week was a hell week if there ever was one.  Firewalls constantly failing causing outages and for some reason I got stuck with both a Juniper and Cisco TAC case working on these pieces of junk.  That's still not resolved, but I think things are stable enough.

At least I had Saturday to look forward too.  My friends are in this band...no really.  They needed a sound guy and I clearly knew nothing about so I decided to volunteer.  That led to a 1:30am practice Friday morning, which so boosted my productivity that day.  I was also getting antsy since I was going to sit in for "Simple Man" by Lynyrd Skynyrd.  My playing is ok, but I was banking on all our friends being mostly inebriated before I hit the stage.  Therefore, I would sound just like Jimmy Page.  Er, I mean Gary Rossington.

My nerves were getting a little amped for the solo, but fate hadn't played her hand yet....

A few hours before sound check, Penny got a text from a couple of her friends that the lead singer, (Coach) Brad, had been in a car accident.  Turns out it was pretty bad, and he ended up staying the night in the hospital.  So the show was cancelled, and now I can go back to plunking solos out in A minor.  I think he'll be ok soon enough, his body took a pounding though.

Since we didn't go out and subsequently I was in pretty good shape (no hangover to recover from), I went out for a BuRP ride, and had some decent legs and cleaned a few technical parts of the trail I haven't cleaned in quite a while.  So that was good.  I gotta get some more miles in before October is over though so I can earn a Strava badge (250k in October).  That's pretty lightweight for some people, but that's a lot for me, especially since the back is still occasionally bothering me.

That's it for now, I'm already getting tired.  The boys are all amped so I know they won't go to bed easily...sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment