Sunday, November 29, 2015

Well that was a long pause

Didn't mean to leave for such a long time after the "big news". I wouldn't call it big news, unless you live under my roof. We're moving, I'd say it's pretty official at this point. There are still some things that could go belly up and call the whole deal off, but it is getting more likely we'll finish and be moving over the Christmas holiday break.

As if Christmas isn't stressful enough. It's not really the holiday that is stressful, I mean it is a little bit, but it's more being holed up with my wild ones for two weeks straight. I love them, but as any parent knows, a little bit goes a long ways when the kids are sugared up and over stimulated by all the toys. It can make for some interesting parental decisions.

Now if we couple that with a move, that oughta make for some big blowups. We'll make it through, and hopefully be glad we did it a few weeks into January.

My training has been going "ok". I went to Nashville and destroyed any semblance of a low-carb diet, and I'm struggling to fully get back on the plan. I'm doing better, but having the Fatty Trinity of T-Day, my birthday, and Xmas is going to try and bring me down. Plus I'm sure we'll be boozing it up to cope with all the packing and moving. I'll be excited to get back on the bike, as I haven't spun a bit since the Berryman trip.

Time keeps ploughing on by, and we're trying to watch as many movies as we can in the movie theater before we have to relinquish that. I think we'll all miss it quite a bit, but I am 99% sure we aren't going to build another one. I'll have to see how good of a cinematic environment I can build with an open floor plan. I guess it'll be a challenge, but we're a few years off of that. Mama says we gotta decorate the new house, so I can't get any more guitars or bikes next year. I guess that means I'll actually have to practice with the guitars I have, and ride my old bikes into the ground. Either that or get a second job for fun money.

Anyway, I'm rambling at this point since I don't have anything else earth shattering, which is fine with me. This move thing is more than enough.


No comments:

Post a Comment