Saturday, October 31, 2015

Keeping on

That was a longer break than expected. Life has just been fairly busy, and seems to get busier as we approach the holidays.

So my MTB trip to Berryman was a hoot. It was great to reacquaint with some old friends and make some new ones as well. My legs were terrible throughout the trip though, as I just didn't have enough miles on them, in particular MTB miles. I didn't realize how different the muscle groups were. The good news is, the rest of me did well. Core strength and upper body strength were great and never got that tired. My heart rate was pretty low as well, so it was easy to see that my cycling muscles weren't where they needed to be. The trails were in ripping good shape, and it was a lot of fun. It surprised me how much of the trail I remembered, especially given that it's been probably around 18 years since I last rode the Berryman Trail.

My tent decided to leak during a mild rain the first night, so I pitched it in the trash on the way out of camp. It served it's purpose, but it was a cheap walmart tent we had to buy in a pinch. Now I need another small tent. We have a huge tent, and that's good for the family and/or when it's hot. But when it's cold, you want a small tent so you don't have to warm up so much air space with your body heat/respiration.

Working out has been going pretty well. I'm making some good strides in the strength department, although going from weak to average isn't really inspirational. All in good time I suppose. I'm down to about 193 pounds, and 16.9% body fat as of last Monday. I haven't ate that great the last day or two, so I'm not expecting any sort of fat droppage this week.

One of my least favorite workouts are Single-leg RDLs. I had to look up what that meant...Romanian Dead Lifts. They aren't that hard, but my hamstrings are on fire for 3-4 days after doing them. I guess I need to do them more. I hate them so much.

I'm afraid I haven't been riding at all, which stinks, especially as winter is fast approaching. I need to get back on it!

There's some other news in our lives, but we'll see what happens with that. I won't say more until things are more concrete.

No, we're not pregnant. Jeesh.

No comments:

Post a Comment