Tuesday, October 13, 2009

In the clear

I think we're all over our respective sicknesses, except K has some dire-rear and diaper rash. Poor guy. That's just awful. At least it goes away quickly.

My eyes are very tired today. Some days I think I need a job that doesn't entail sitting at a desk and staring at a computer screen.

Anyway, tired is what we are going to be this weekend. P has her half marathon on Saturday, and I have my cyclocross race on Sunday. P has trained for hers. I have not. Well, a little. But I really have no idea what I am doing and my thoughts come back to the race every 5 minutes. My dear sister has agreed to come out and be my moral support for the race, so I think that should help me out in non-measurable ways. Immensely. I'm hoping to get at least two more sessions on the bike, one of which being technical training, but our days are swamped.

AB got in trouble yesterday for playing Star Wars at school yesterday with one of his buddies. They were dueling with pretend lightsabers and then accosted this poor girl and pretended to chop her head off. She then proceeded to cry. I had a bevy of reactions to the re-telling of this story, ranging from laughter, to rolling my eyes, to wondering if my kid is going to grow up and torture cats. Not that there is anything wrong with that. Well, okay, maybe that isn't okay. Certain feral cats in my neighborhood are not off-limits.

It's funny as I type these blogs, I imagine what all my family members are thinking to themselves as they read it. I'm sure my mom and sis aren't too pleased about the cat comment, but I think they would understand given my history with feline dander.

Anyway, I'm going way off topic. Time to boost my meds, I suppose.

I've been watching Fringe, Season 1, and I have to say it is awesome. One of my favorite shows in a long time. It's kind of like X-files + Alias + CSI. Very cool. The acting is superb and the plots are a lot of fun. It is kind of gory for a network show, but usually it's a quick glance and nothing really wrenching.

Okay, enough for now. Talk at you all later.

No comments:

Post a Comment