Friday, October 16, 2009

This is it!

15 hours from now, Penny will be starting her half marathon, trying to break the two hour barrier. I'm very excited for her, and really hope she breaks it. She's been working very hard towards it; she's tenacious, to say the least. Some of the neighbors and AB, K, and I are heading down there to cheer her on. I'm sure she'll be happy to see us, and she makes us very proud. Who would have thought she'd become a runner? I'm happy that she found something like that to do, and I know it gives her great joy and she embraces the suffering.

Speaking of suffering, just a short 26 hours after she finishes her race, I'll be starting my cyclocross race at Wyandotte County Park in the Boulevard Cup. I seem to be attracting quite a crowd to come follow me. I know a few of my friends said they would try and make it, which blows my mind. I didn't realize I was so attractive in lycra.
So here is to a weekend of suffering Smith's. And to think we paid money to do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment