Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Once upon a time an hour felt like an hour

Now it seems that time is flying so damned fast we'll be celebrating our 20th anniversary instead of our 10th in a few weeks.  Unbelievable!  <---I always misspell that word.

I took K-lite to his 15-month appointment yesterday and his left ear tube has become clogged with only-god-knows-what.  He's built up a slight infection now and so we're having to put the drops in his ear to hopefully loosen up the troll stool or whatever is in there.  If that doesn't work, we'll recruit 50 of our best friends to hold him down while an ENT sticks a little wire in there and tries to clear that stuff out.  That should be a special time.  Hopefully it won't come to that.  There could be some massive head traumas involved and I don't think our friends would appreciate that kind of treatment while trying to hold down a 15 month old.

Penny got an email today with a height predictor.  Now these body proportion divinators aren't exactly accurate, but when AB's current state of body was entered into said 8-ball, it came back with 6' 6" by the age of 18.  I immediately hung-up the phone and started busting out a two and a half hour full body workout, followed by mixed martial arts training.  Should it come to blows, I don't want to get beat up by my kid.  Or get my head chopped off by a well-placed lightsaber strike.

I just got done looking at some pics of snow falling across various parts of the US, and I've officially raised my snow flag up.  KC weather is weak.  So very, very weak.  It gets searingly hot in the summer, bitterly cold in the winter, tornadoes in the late spring, and that's about it.  What I want is snow.  I'm not talking dig your house out of a thirty foot drift snow (although that would be cool just to see how nearly everyone would go into an armageddon-like panic), but just a solid 12" snow.  Something that really covers everything, and looks gorgeous as it falls.  Then that's it.  The next week will need to go back up to 60 degrees and we'll begin spring.  This 20-degree high stuff while it's dry is for the birds.  Actually it's not, because they flew south.

No comments:

Post a Comment