Friday, October 15, 2010

Kinda cool



I started tracking my weight on Livestrong.com almost a month before my first cyclocross race. It's kinda cool seeing how far I've come. I'm sneaking closer to my first goal (176 lbs), and it has been an interesting journey for me.

The biggest change I've noticed is just that my clothes pretty much unwearable now. Not because of style reasons (or maybe it is), but because I've lost a solid 4 inches off my waist. I wore some slacks yesterday that actually slid off of me.

Some people think you have lots more energy, and I haven't really noticed this. Maybe it's just Kieran wearing us down (up at 3:56 this morning), or maybe the change has just been gradual. I don't know.

My back does feel a lot better, so that's a good thing for sure. It still gets tight, but not carrying so much extra weight has taken the pressure off of my lower back. I still have a long ways to go in terms of core strength, and making sure to stretch. I need to incorporate that into a routine because I haven't been as vigilant as I would like in keeping up to snuff in core strength. I can really feel it after I've been on the bike for longer than an hour, as my hamstrings get tight and start pulling on my lower back something fierce. I usually have to stop and stretch, and then I'm ok for another hour or so.

That's all for now, and my goal is to get to 17x by Christmas time. Seems pretty attainable, that's less than a pound a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment