Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Non-cycling

I am pretty sure I'm going to throw a leg over my bike and immediately fall over.  That's how long it's been.  My good intentions were worth anything, I'd tell you that I've been intending to get back into shape, but my back/pelvis/hamstrings have been all sorts of jacked up.  I've been going to the chiropractor, and I'm feeling better.  If I remember my diagnosis correctly, my pelvis twisted, and some other part shifted over and then started pinching my sciatic nerve.  On top of that, my one of my 3 hamstring muscles was pulling on the pelvis trying to get it to move back.  Weak core, tight hamstrings, tight hip flexors, tight IT bands, no cardio, no lungs, no legs, no nothing.  Sounds like a recipe for disaster and I got a big dish of it.

So, today is the best it's been in awhile.  After seeing the chiro I went out with AB and played catch (can't throw very well without pivoting on your pelvis, and can't catch wild throws because I can't shift direction nor jump), and then went and played basketball when he beat me.  He came at me so hard it got me laughing and that about took me to the ground.

He is such a competitor, but so am I.  And I'm ready to get back at it.  I need to start running and getting back on the bike.  Maybe I'll try and walk/shuffle/run tonight.  It's a long road to go, but I've done it before and I'll do it again.

Giddyap!

No comments:

Post a Comment