Tuesday, July 7, 2009

It's not like tubes sticking out of his ears!



K-man is heading to the ENT today to get his ears checked out and possibly arrange to get tubes put in. These are little flanged pieces of rubber, a little larger than the diameter of a pencil lead, that are inserted into the ear drum. This allows all the fluid to drain out of the middle ear, and allows the little one to start hearing a LOT better. Which should be good, since Kieran loves to scream in the house. He thinks it's pretty neat.

Speaking of pretty neat, I had a particularly neat morning today. Penny got back from her morning run and was pounding some Gatorade to try and rehydrate a bit. Aiden happened to be watching her, and thought that seemed pretty cool, so he went to his sink and drank probably a liter or so of water. I didn't know he did that, so I didn't think much of it when we were downstairs, and he is sitting on the floor looking like he wants to rattle off a big belch. No big surprise there, the kid has obviously been raised by wolves. I go into the pantry just in time to hear water hitting the floor. I turn around just to see AB dumping his water on the floor, and then I tell him to go to the toilet. He then barfs again, so I cup my hands over my mouth and yell "GET TO THE TOILET". Sometimes I think he needs tubes in his ears again. By that time, he's fully purged and I get to spend the next 10 minutes cleaning up puke. At least it was only water, I guess.

So then we all proceed with our mornings and eat breakfast, yadda yadda yadda, and then I go upstairs to put on my socks and shoes. Penny and Kieran follow me up there, and Kieran gets all excited, crawls over to me, and I let him stand on the floor in front of me and then he pukes all over the place too.

I should have just called it a day and gone back to bed.

1 comment: