Thursday, November 19, 2009

10 days off will do a blogger good

One of two things occur to push me over the edge and force me to blog.

1) I think of something brilliant and have to share it with the world.  This occurs far less often than...
2) Someone in a Lexus cut me off on the commute in and has made my inner rage boil.

So I haven't thought of anything that revolutionary and all the Lexus drivers must be on holiday.  Thank God.

I was going to leave the blog at that, but I figure it HAS been 10 long days and all, so I'll dump what little beans I have.  That didn't sound right...

K-man is an absolute hoot.  He's really chatty now and has been hammering out quite a few more words these days.  His favorite word is ouch.  He says it all the time and thinks it is absolutely incredible that he can say it once and then the rest of us go around the house like the bunch of seagulls on Finding Nemo.  He's also getting pretty good at wheeling around the house, and loves his big brother like nothing else.  I love watching him come pile on Aiden and give him some love.  They are so sweet right now.

AB is turning into quite a young man.  I'm very proud of him.  He is still chock full of questions, and those questions usually revolve around movies (especially Star Wars).  Penny and I both get pretty frustrated by the relentless stream of questions, but it is nice that he is engaged and isn't buried into a PSP.  I'm sure those days will come too.  Just wait til K-man steals AB's PSP.  I'm sure you'll see some true brotherly love then.

Penny is under a lot of stress at work, and they just laid off a few people.  Nothing major, but definitely something that was very sad for her.  She hadn't ever been around a layoff situation (one that I'm a little too familiar with) and it was difficult for her to be one of the survivors and see hard-working people let go.  On a more positive note, she's been working out a lot and getting ripped.  Needless to say, as her muscle tone goes up, my lippyness goes down.

I've been hitting the bike pretty hard, trying to put up a better showing at my next race on Dec. 5th.  I'm still not expecting a top 3 or anything, but I could see a marked improvement between races 1 and 2, and I'm expecting every bit as much improvement between 2 and 3.  I'm slowly burning the lbs. off I've been carting around for the last decade, and it's pretty nice.  I can see some difference, but still have a long way to go.  As long as I keep moving in the right direction and getting "fitter", I'm good with that.

Hopefully I'll have some good news in a next couple of weeks regarding something I've been working on for awhile now, so as soon as I'm able to share, I'll do that.

I'll be back on soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment