Monday, April 12, 2010

Hullo all

I really don't have much to say, it was a busy weekend and I'm just trying to exhale.  You know about those people who get excited to go to work?  I wonder if it is because they want to take a break?

AB and K have been loving getting to play outside so much, as the weather is FINALLY decent.  Hopefully we'll get 6-8 weeks of this before the temps go through the roof.  Last summer was nearly perfect, but I doubt we'll get that lucky again.  Ah well!

I got to ride some trails last night, and it was great.  It's been like 5 years since I've been on a mountain bike, and there was a lot of rust there, but overall I felt good.  I still get headaches after riding, and I'm not sure what's causing that.  I'll have to look into that a bit more.  It only seems to happen during MTB rides, never cross nor road rides.  Probably something that can be cured by getting a bike fit...

Penny had a big race yesterday with her runner girls, the Brew to Brew.  She was very tired when she got home, but seemed to have enjoyed it.  I'm proud of her, as always, for continuing to push herself and showing our boys how to live an active lifestyle.  It's not very easy in Johnson County and our dependence on cars and creature comforts.  I hope that the boys grow up loving to have the sun on their backs and the wonderful smell of nothing as you breathe clean air.  This spring has been ripe with that.  Speaking of...I think it's time AB and I camped outside in the backyard again.  That should be fun!

Enjoy the weather all, and try something new this week.

1 comment:

  1. Maybe you should check your blood pressure after riding? Elevated or low BP can cause headaches.

    ReplyDelete