Tuesday, April 20, 2010

You better git on that horse

So here we are, about 5 weeks away from my first tri, and training has not been going that hot. I have been riding, and occasionally running, but my swimming is no where to be found. Unfortunately, water wings are out, so I'm starting to wonder if I'll be DFL out of the water. Time will tell. On one hand, I'm disappointed because I had every intention of hitting the pool at least twice a week, but on the other hand, learning how to swim is a large undertaking, and it takes most people over a year before they are anywhere near fast.

Bottom line is, and has always been, that I have to swim/bike/run my own race. Happiness is going to come from within, just as in life.

At least I had a great ride into work today, even though I was later than I had hoped I would be. I'm looking forward to the ride home though, as I don't have to carry anything (YAY!) so I can book it!

No comments:

Post a Comment