Monday, June 14, 2010

Mundane Monday

This is turning out to be a pretty miserable month as far as weather goes. If it's not raining, it's 90+ degrees and unbearable, or at least it seems that way. I'm wondering if the SMP lake will be boiling for our tri swim next month. Hmm.

Speaking of swimming, I start swim lessons tomorrow night. I'm pretty excited, really, since my swimming sucks so badly. I'm hoping I can do the 500m swim in less than 15 minutes, which would be a wild improvement over my last barely-above-water attempt at Longview last month. Three cheers for improvement! I did scoop up some nice goggles, and it's so refreshing not to have to take my goggles off after every 50 so my eye sockets can regain blood flow.

Gotta run tonight, keep pounding the pavement and see if I can shave 1 min/mile off of my KC Tri time. Really shouldn't be that hard, but we'll see. I had a pretty anemic 30 mile ride on Sunday. I just didn't have any legs, and probably should be following a plan for this next tri. Then it's time for 'cross training, yippee!

I'm not sure why I'm so excited, but there are lots of weeks painful and vomit-inducing hill sprints and remount practice coming up. I figure it's better to be in pain in training than during the race. Not that a cyclocross race could be a pleasant experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment