Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Motivation is low.

My impetus for blogging has seem to hit a low for some reason. I guess there just isn't that much different going on. Different being the key word.

I've been training about 5 days a week, and find myself grumpy on the days I'm not able to pound the pedals with vigor. Not sure what that's all about. Even though I enjoy trainers (believe it or not) there is no replacement for riding outside. Even when the weather is marginal, as it often is this time of year. There's no way I'd get on a trainer for 2-3 hours, but that's no problem outside. And after said ride, my legs are tired, but I feel great. I feel like I actually did something. 70 minutes of zone 2 on the trainer doesn't really lend itself to that feeling.

This month I've tried to stay away from media sites. I did really good until today. There's a lot of stuff going on. But hardly any of it directly impacts me. I found my mood immediately crash and my blood pressure go down upon opening up the Huffington Post. Why I go to that site, I have no idea. All it does is piss me off about corporations, the government, and the Elite. I read an article discussing about what GARBAGE that McDonald's is passing off as oatmeal. Seriously, read the article. It's no wonder that America is one of the fattest nations in the world. It is one of the atrocities of this modern society that we live in that healthy food is a boutique item and economically out of reach for so many families. I'd love to shop at Whole Foods, but I don't know if I can comfortably fork over $150-$200 a week in groceries. Maybe we should try it for a month and see how it goes. The household would probably lose 10 pounds.

At least AB would poop more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment