Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Training update

I just entered week 4 for my training. High protein, low carbs are the name of the game for now. I'm enjoying learning a lot about how my body does (not) process carbs, and how we are going to re-train it to be more efficient.

I started at 23.7% body fat, and am currently down to 20%. By my math, I've lost 10.5 pounds of body fat, which is almost one and a quarter gallon milk jugs full of adipose tissue. Gross. Penny wasn't pleased at that analogy either, but it's certainly encouraging!

I can see a lot of muscle developing on my upper body, but there is a long way to go. I'd like to get close to 10% body fat and see how things are going then. I should weigh around 177 pounds at that point, plus whatever additional muscle I put on.

I'm excited, and I have to remind myself this is a marathon, not a sprint, and to not get upset if the progress slows down too much. It still is fun, and I can't wait to see the scales hit 1xx before too long, hopefully next week!

That's it for now, life is busy and the sports are going full swing now!

No comments:

Post a Comment