Tuesday, September 29, 2015

late September already?

Time is flying by. May and September tend to be overwhelming in our house with the end and beginning of the school year, plus sports are going crazy too. I think we have a few more weeks of crazy, then a few weeks off, then the holidays are here. It's easy to groan about how busy one can be, but that is what life should be like in some regards. The busy stuff is life. It's the choices we make, and we can either embrace and enjoy or not. It's easier to embrace and enjoy though when you have a free day every now and then.

AB had a hard soccer practice yesterday afternoon, then an hour off, then a baseball game. He played hard at the game, but you could tell he was dragging a bit. I had to wake him up today, which never happens. We didn't get home last night until 10:30 because he had to eat a 2nd dinner.

Workouts have been going pretty well. We fried my hamstrings on Saturday, and while they are a lot better today, they still are a bit sore. I'm going out for a lunch ride to get some miles in before I go camping/riding next weekend at Berryman. I'm pretty excited for that, even though it will probably destroy me since I haven't ridden on a trail all year. I'll love it though, that place always brings back the memories.

I'm down to 18.7% body fat, so I've lost about 6.5% so far. I'd like to get down to 10%, and maybe do some more races next year. We'll see. Racing isn't very conducive to our nearly over-committed household, but I'd love to do some MTB racing and maybe go back to the Tour of Lawrence again. That was a fun crit and a great environment for the spectators. I'm not looking forward to renewing my USAC license though since I'm not a big believer in that organization, but that's a different story for another time.

That's it for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment