Monday, March 1, 2010

Audi Wine Cheese

I picked up my "new" Audi A6 on Friday, and have been loving it.  It's a great, solid car, with room to move around.  It's kinda thirsty (4.2L V8) but then it's not too bad as long as I keep my foot out of it (which is no small task).  My M3 pitched a fit, and decided to have the battery crap out on Friday, so I had to get a couple of jumps that day to bring her in for trade.  The dealer (Molle Audi, two big thumbs up) had no problems with this, as another lady earlier in the day traded her BMW in as it was sucking up the last gas fumes in the tank.

Everyone seems to be enjoying the car, and I'm sure Penny's TSX will be glad to no longer be the default family transport.  I will miss the M3, as it was the best car I've owned to date.  It was solid, dependable, and fun to drive.  It did everything I asked for and then some, and then some.  Hopefully somebody deserving gets the car in her next life, and uses her as a track car or something like that.  It was a shame in some ways to use her as a daily driver.

On another bike-related note, I had a great time at our Colavita/Parisi party at Cellar Rat Wines Saturday night.  It was a terrific party, with top-notch wine, and great people to boot.  I can't say enough great things about Cellar Rat as well.  They have a great monthly case special, $100 a case, for some terrific wines.  Every month they change up the case.  I gotta pimp them a little bit, because A) they are a team sponsor and B) I really believe in what they have to offer:

"Cellar Rat Wine Merchants stocks over 800 wines plus a number of premium spirits and handcrafted brews, each selected by our knowledgeable wine buyers and staff. Nothing is sold unless we like it ourselves. There are a lot of great wines out there if you know where and how to find them. Unfortunately, there's even more wine that is not-so-great.  Our first duty is to make sure none of that lesser stuff makes it on our shelves or your table. For every bottle we select, ten get the boot."

Ok, that's all I have for now.  If you're in KC, and need a bottle or a few cases, please check them out.  80% of their store is under $20, and they have a great wine bar and private tasting room.  Plus it's a cool building.  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment