Wednesday, August 17, 2011

My newest hobby

Given my past participation in the Warrior Bake/Dash, and the fact that I have a 5k with my sister in a couple of weekends, I've been running.  But running on the pavement is boring.  Really, it is.  So I decided to get these:



Those are the Brooks Cascadia 6 trail shoes.  Ah yes, trail running.  It's just like mountain biking, without the bike.  They are light, super comfy, and I'm having a great time.  I even woke up "early" to go running at 6:00am today.  That must be worth something, right?  My running is still pretty dismal, but I'm optimistically thinking I can run the whole 5k by the time we get there.



My avg. pace during the run was 10:26/mi, but that was with some walking/shoe tieing too.  I'd guess I can hold a 9:30-9:45/mi pace at this point.  I just need to work on holding it for longer at this point.  Interestingly, my best pace was 7:01/mi, but that was probably obtained shortly after running into a spider web and screaming like a little girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment